Many people think a career in insurance might be boring or just sales related. What most people don’t realize is insurance is a diverse and complex industry, the work is challenging and can be very fulfilling. Insurance is essential to the economy it affects everything and almost everyone. Many are not aware of the abundant career opportunities that are available and how truly rewarding a career in insurance can be.
Here are some top reasons to consider a career in the insurance industry:
- There is a place for everyone. The insurance industry is a place where a variety of skills are welcomed. Insurance jobs are so diverse and require many different skillsets. Whatever your skillset, there is an opportunity in the insurance industry to match.
- Job stability. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the insurance industry employs more than 2.8 million people. It is an industry that has been around for centuries and it continues to grow and evolve. Everyone has a need for insurance.
- Abundant career opportunities. There are countless paths where you can take your career. Careers in insurance can include accounting, finance, claims, underwriting, risk management, data science, actuarial, information technology, marketing and so many more.
- It is easy to get into. The insurance industry offers many entry level opportunities where no prior experience is necessary. Many companies offer excellent training programs and offer support for continuing education and certifications.
- It is an exciting ever-changing industry. No day is ever the same. Each day brings on new experiences, opportunities to learn and problem solve.
Hopefully, the above points have placed the insurance industry in a different light and perhaps have changed your perception of this industry. Check out some of the great opportunities ICW Group has to offer.